Saturday, April 14, 2012

His face shine upon you...

Numbers 6:24-25
The LORD bless you and keep you;
The LORD make his face shine upon you
and be gracious to you
The LORD turn his face toward you
and give you peace.


Sometimes God speaks to people audibly, sometimes through the words of friends, and other times He repeats himself through His word. When I most needed God's peace He brought me to Numbers 6:34-35. Everywhere I looked, there I saw this verse. I felt specifically that He was speaking "my face shines upon you." Multiple times in the Bible it talks about the Lord's face shining upon us. The commentaries bring clarity and depth to the meaning; 'When God's face shines on a person blessing and deliverance come.' 'Blessing is not first of all to health and wealth, but to the assurance and experience that they live under the guardianship and faithful care of the gracious Lord of life. It is the happy condition of those who revere the Lord and do his will and who put their trust in Him.'

Psalm 4:6
Many are asking,
"Who can show us any good?"
Let the light of your face shine upon us, O LORD

and

Psalm 13:1-6
How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer,
O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say "I have overcome him," and my foes will rejoice when I fall
BUT I will trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD for he has been good to me.

In the past couple weeks of wrestling with the goodness of God and His will for Chantal I have felt alone. But God is reminding me that His face is shining upon me, he has not turned his face from me. I am not alone, He is here with me carrying me through. I am so thankful for his faithfulness.


2 comments:

  1. It is hard to remember that Christ calls us to "Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thessalonians 5: 18. We should be joyful because when we face our trials it is testing our faith which develops perseverance. Perseverance helps us to become mature and complete followers of Christ. I always try to keep my eyes focused on the blessings because they will come and they are always so much more than we could every imagine! God is so faithful! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm deeply touched by your thoughts. It makes me be immersed in God's love and i can only remember that God is beyond our knowledge and faith and he is leading us to his glory for he is the winner of all our battles of this life. And among these battles we have misunderstandings,loneliness and many other issues. By facing all those challenges i have one thing in my mind:God will never let us fall forever and i keep on going having in mind that God is in charge of everything for my benefits. And i think that should be more likely the same for every christian and i think it's part of the Cross we should take to follow Jesus. Loads of blessings on you all.

    ReplyDelete