Friday, January 27, 2012

Going Postal

Some of you have asked about sending "snail mail" to the ship. So I thought I would fill you in on some of the nitty gritty. Packages sent by mail usually arrive in roughly 2 weeks, and cost me $8.80/lb (yes, that is in addition to the postage you already paid!). I kindly request that if you are going to send a package either make it light or throw in a couple bucks to help with that cost =) Okay so enough of that, here's where to send mail:

Stephanie Fiduk
Mercy Ships IOC
M/V Africa Mercy
P.O. Box 2020
Lindale, TX 75771-2020
USA

I will try and write back snail mail but it might take a while to get to you because we wait for people who are going back to the US to mail it for us!


Okay so enough of that, many of you have asked for pictures! I had great plans to take many pictures, until I went outside! The humidity here is so high that my camera lens immediately fogged up =( I have some pictures to share and more to come.





* Here is my cabin! There are 3 "rooms" in a cabin, each with a bunk bed, closet, and desk. There is a bathroom to the left (out of the picture) for 6 girls! So far it hasn't been bad, but wait til we start working! Surprisingly it is more spacious than I expected.




* Here's my "room." My Bunk is the messy one on top! haha




* It looks deceivingly foggy out, but it's just the humidity playing tricks on you. It's actually quite beautiful. The water is blue and the sky is full of big fluffy clouds. When it's windy here the sky turns "overcast" but it's just the sand from the Sahara Desert!

Well that's all for now. Stay tuned for next time...I'm going to an orphanage on Saturday and Church in the city on Sunday. I can't promise pictures of the orphanage because I'm not allowed to bring a camera, but maybe Sunday. Love you all! See you soon...

Location:Lome, Togo

1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie, Love reading about your journey . . . awesome you can update your blog! I'm keeping you in payers and having others that you don't even know praying for you too. I'll be having dinner with your parents soon. Love, Denise

    ReplyDelete